With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it’d be a great time to spread a little love.
Now I’m not one who’s big on Valentine’s Day – my guy and I normally don’t do much, and we tend to pick up chocolate and goodies on the 15th when they’re all on sale LOL. But I don’t believe in Valentine’s being about being in a relationship, I think it should be all about spreading love.
Love to your entire family, love to your friends, your co-workers – everyone around you. Letting the people you love know that you love and appreciate them is oh so important. Because you never really know if the time you spend with them is going to be the last.
So for Valentine’s Day this year, I have a challenge for you – spread your love as far and wide as you can. Because people around you need it. And you need it .
How To Spread The Love This Valentine’s Day (& every day)
- Call your grandparents (or visit them if you’re close!)
- Tell your coworkers how much you appreciate them
- Have a date night with your parents
- Send a sappy text to your friends about how great they are
- Put on an extra big smile as you thank the barista for your coffee this morning
- Finish all the dishes for your spouse
- Take goofy pictures with your nieces & nephews to make them laugh (& have adorable memories)
- Hold the door open a little bit longer for the person walking behind you
- Say thank you to your teacher’s/kid’s teachers – teachers are absolutely incredible
- Practice some self love – take a day to pamper yourself, or do what you love doing (like binge watching Netflix!)
Spreading your love and appreciation for others will only get you further in life. So why not do it! It makes such a difference when those around you know how much you love them. And don’t you like to feel loved? It’s really what makes the world go round.
You don’t need to shower people with gifts to show your appreciation for them (though of course it is a nice gesture!). A simple thank you or compliment on how amazing they are will do.
The act of making the time for other people, to call them or spend time with them is really an act of love. Don’t you like when people make time specifically for you? Reciprocate that.
Really cherish the time you have with the people you love, because you really don’t know when you will no longer have that time. Spread that love as far and wide as you can, and hold your loved ones close. Because if there’s anything we as humans should want in this life, it’s love.