This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated when a purchase is made through these links.
The tree, the lights – oh how Christmas decorations just amp up your home. There’s not much better than seeing the snowmen figures and twinkling lights when you come in your house. It just makes it feel so much cozier.
But if you haven’t noticed, Christmas decorations can sometimes come up pretty pricey. Especially if you get tired of the same decorations and want a few new ones each year!
So I’ve been on the hunt for some easy & inexpensive decor items that won’t break the bank! A little DIY and finding cheaper alternatives are just a few ways to help save your bank account this holiday season.
Holiday Home Decor On A Budget
One of the easiest ways to find cheaper alternatives for holiday decor is to make it yourself! Craft supplies are inexpensive, and you may have some supplies at home already! Here are a few I cant wait to try this holiday season:
Buffalo Check Plaid Pillow from Happiness is Homemade
Mason Jar Holiday Luminaria from The Budget Decorator
DIY Holiday Mirror Art from LandeeLu
Sure, Urban Outfitters may have some adorable decorations, but their prices can run pretty high. Here are some awesome stores with much better price tags.
1. Dollar Store
1. Still have the spider web cotton from Halloween? Double it as snow on the top of shelves or your mantle! Add in some cute lights and figurines, and you’ve got a winter wonderland!
2. If you have a real tree, cut off any pieces that won’t be noticeable and display them in other places in your home!
3. Putting twinkly lights anywhere in your home will give it a holiday vibe. Find them cheap at the dollar store, or online!
4. Bring out the red! Adding red accents instantly gives the Christmas vibe. Red items will typically be cheaper than Christmas themed ones!
5. Grab some ribbon from the dollar store and go wild! Adding ribbon or bows to your cupboards or chairs will definitely make your home feel Christmasy.
The Christmas spirit really just brings out so much joy in your home, and there’s absolutely no reason it should put you into debt or cause you financial stress. There are so many ways to still have that holiday vibe in your home while on a budget, and I’m so excited to begin decorating our home (I’m waiting until December 1st; it’s torture!!) I hope this gave you some ideas on decorating!